Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rainbows of Hope: Day 1!


We are currently at the Rainbows of Hope Office which is located in a beautiful old farmhouse in South Carolina. We have not yet met the three Westmont interns who are in California at the moment but we are excited to meet them when we arrive in Guatemala on Friday! Right now I have known Kyla, Carol, Sarah, and Sarah Bollinger (our team leader who we call Biz) for just barely 24 hours and I can’t believe how much laughter has filled this house since we all met. This week is dedicated to training which includes everything from learning the rules of Casa Bernabe to a training in the practice of prayer. But the training also is a chance for us as interns to be intentional in getting to know each other better, and this morning we each shared how the Lord lead us to this awesome opportunity. He has brought this team together from so many different places but as we shared some of our stories this morning, I realized how God has taught us each to surrender our plans to Him and  learn every day how to live life in thankful praise in light of the Lord's faithfulness.   

Although I've experienced it before through the amazing communities that I've experienced at places like my church, and Kanakuk, and Joni and Friends, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly people with a shared love for our beautiful Savior can get to know each other deeply. One of my very favorite verses is John 4:11-12 which says, "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love in made complete is us." God doesn't need us to make His love complete, but He has chosen to give us the joyfully duty of loving each other so that they world will know that we are His! What an awesome God we serve!

I can barely contain my excitement for these upcoming months!! I am glad y’all have read this far, I hope y'all will continue to read, and I pray that you might be encouraged by what you read here in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment