Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Privilege of Prayer

At first I thought I might title this post: The Beginning of the End, since we only have 4 full days more at Casa Bernabe but I can't make myself- I'm in denial. I am going to miss these kids and this place so very much. I am figuring out how to sponsor one of several girls in my house need a sponsor so I will be able to still be connected to my house in that way but I will so miss seeing their beautiful faces and hearing each of their hilarious and unique laughs every single day.
The Lord has been teaching me about prayer and how to pray for these children even when I don't always know their past and I wont know their daily life when I leave. Hector (the house dad of Casa Alabanza) was telling me the story of how the Lord has glorified His name through his and Laura's marriage and through the Lord's strong calling on their lives. First off praise the Lord for allowing me to comprehend enough Spanish to understand his story. I wish I could write it all down here, but in short, God has blessed Laura and Hector's marriage as they have gone through times when they had no option but to trust in the provision of our Savior. But then when a time came when the world told them they had other options, they gave it all up to serve the Lord by enlarging their family and teaching these broken kids love, obedience, and joy. God has abundantly blessed them by answering their prayers for wisdom and energy. They are so full of love and SO undeniably dedicated to their children. Although at times, praying for them kinda seems like the least I can do, I have learned this summer that prayer is absolutely the heart of ministry. For even despite all my precaution, even my love can be dis-constructive if not done prayerfully as I humbly ask for wisdom for how to show love. What a privilege to pray for this incredible family and to have prayerfully watched God working in and through them this summer. 
Truly He is strong when we are weak, and His peace is beyond comprehension. 
He is close to the broken hearted, the defender of the orphan and the oppressed. 
He is big enough to have a plan beyond my imagination and beyond my understanding. 
He is not afraid of my questions and he comforts me in my confusion. 
I know that if my heart is broken by the pain I see that He is grieving as well. 
He is patient because the fulfillment of all his promises is worth waiting for, 
the joy to come will make every present difficulty fade away. 
He loves us so much that even though he knows our every thought and is in command of the entire universe, he wants us mere humans to come to Him in prayer.

I know this passage is a little long but it has been so encouraging to me as I prepare to leave this place and I don't like taking it too out of context so here is all of Romans 8:18-27

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment